PRESS RELEASE OF THE CENTRAL BOARD OF MUHAMMADIYAH REGARDING THE ISRAEL-PALESTINE WAR
Observing the development of the Israeli-Palestinian war, which killed thousands of civilians, and the damage and impacts caused, the Central Board of Muhammadiyah issued the following statement:
- We are extremely concerned about the Israeli-Palestinian war and express our deep condolences to the thousands of civilians who died and were injured.
- We call on the United Nations Security Council to immediately take political and diplomatic steps involving related parties, especially Israel-Palestine, to stop the war, carry out a ceasefire, and pursue peace negotiations.
- We urge that Israel does not take advantage of this war to continue annexation of Palestinian territory and aggression against its people for the sake of establishing peace in this turbulent region. All parties must participate in resolving the root of the problem and complying with and implementing the UN Security Council Resolution as a solution to the Israeli-Palestinian conflict.
- We request that the Indonesian government be more proactive and strengthen the advanced steps that have been taken so far in resolving the Israeli-Palestinian conflict through the United Nations, the Organization of Islamic Cooperation, and other channels.
- We appeal to all parties in this country to respond to the Israel-Palestinian war rationally and wisely and not to be provoked by various provocative, hoaxes, and misleading information conveyed by certain parties who take advantage of the Israeli-Palestinian war for certain political interests, potentially causing problems at home.
- We call on Muslims to offer prayers and conduct ghalb prayers for Muslims who are victims of war and ask Allah to end the war soon so that the world can live in peace and prosperity.
- Muhammadiyah always steadfastly supports the Palestinian struggle and is prepared to send humanitarian aid and volunteers, actively coordinates and collaborates with various trustworthy parties to help civilians who are victims of war, especially children and women.