MUHAMMADIYAH.OR.ID, YOGYAKARTA – Muhammadiyah launches “Gerakan Infaq Pendidikan 111 Muhammadiyah” (GIP 111/Muhammadiyah Education Philanthropy Initiative 111) in the lead-up to its 111th anniversary, marked for November 18, 2023.
The GIP 111 is part of Muhammadiyah philanthropy, which strives to establish an annual tradition, dedicating a specific month or days to charity. The initiative denotes the founding spirit of Muhammadiyah to serve the community.
The GIP 111 is a stepping stone to establishing the Muhammadiyah Endowment Fund.
The key goals of the GIP 111 are as follows:
- To encourage collective contributions for specific organizational purposes,
- To initiate the establishment of the Muhammadiyah Endowment Fund for education,
- To designate Muhammadiyah’s founding period as a charity month and charity days for Muhammadiyah members and exponents, and
- To strengthen and implement visions of sustainable Muhammadiyah philanthropy.
The funds will be utilized for the following purposes:
- Revitalizing and accelerating the development of educational infrastructure, addressing critical needs,
- Offering financial assistance or salary support to teachers in underserved, remote regions, and under-resourced educational institutions, and
- Accelerating the competitiveness enhancement and the development of centers of excellence.
This philanthropic movement is all-encompassing, welcoming participation from all quarters. It employs versatile online fundraising channels, including bank transfers and digital platforms.
This philanthropic movement embraces contributions from a wide array of sources. To stimulate virtuous competition among donors, sums of donations of the GIP 111 are categorized as follows: “Happy” for the tens of thousands of rupiah, “Bronze” for hundreds of thousands, “Silver” for one to ten million rupiahs, “Gold” for over ten million up to one billion rupiahs, and “Heroic” for donations exceeding ten billion rupiahs.
This fundraising can be performed by donating cash to offices assigned by the Muhammadiyah Institute for Zakat, Infaq, and Alms Management (Lazismu) or WakafMu. Fundraising activities can be undertaken during religious gatherings, Friday prayers, and fundraising days at Muhammadiyah units to galvanize collective giving.
It also leverages online fundraising avenues such as bank transfers and digital platforms. Donors can donate through one of the following bank account numbers of the Central Board of Muhammadiyah (the bank account holder is Pimpinan Pusat Muhammadiyah):
- Bank BRI: 0029-01-191200-56-1
- KB Bukopin Syariah: 7709111912
- Bank Mandiri: 137-00-0191200-1
- Bank BSI: 1912777778
- Bank Muamalat: 5310191200
- Bank Mega Syariah: 1000293339
Donors must include a unique three-digit code, 111, at the end of the donation amount sent to the bank accounts. Afterward, they must confirm the donation transfer by filling out this form or contacting the WhatsApp Hotline at +628157731912.